McKenzie Electric Cooperative is seeking a qualified, dedicated and customer service oriented candidate to fill the following positions. Interested candidates may contact Carissa Suter, HR Generalist, at 701-444-6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to apply.
Position Summary: Under the direction and accountability to the Business Manager, provides a variety of secretarial support activities, receptionist duties and general office administration activities in support of the General Manager and Department Managers’, providing these services in a timely, accurate and quality manner while maintaining a good working relationship with others within the office environment.
Responsibilities and Competencies: The following responsibilities and competency statements are essential functions of this position and are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job function. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of personnel so classified. The person in this position may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by the General Manager/CEO or Direct Supervisor.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties are as assigned.
- Provides a variety of secretarial and administrative activities for the General Manager and Department Managers including the preparation of correspondence and reports; maintaining the organization files and records; maintaining appointment schedules; coordinating and scheduling of meetings; data entry of operational activities and other related duties as directed.
- As directed, coordinates and makes travel arrangements for the Board of Directors, General Manager, Department Managers and other employee personnel.
- Maintains a schedule of employees who are out of the office due to vacations, sick leave and business trips.
- Takes notes and prepares summaries of meeting outcomes as requested.
- Renders prompt, efficient and courteous telephone answering service of incoming calls, answering questions, taking messages, directing calls to proper personnel and assisting with taking outages calls as required to restore electric and related services promptly.
- Organizes and maintains central files for the Cooperative.
- Assists with telephone and communication equipment troubleshooting and coordinates the repairs and maintenance to these systems.
- Greets visitors and walk-in members and directs them to appropriate personnel.
- Assists with service activities, including answering simple member inquiries, calling members as directed and researching and responding to member questions.
- Handles and distributes incoming mail and answering correspondence as needed.
- Takes dictation, types correspondence and performs other related secretarial duties.
- Assists with the preparation of various monthly and year-end reports.
- Maintains and orders office supplies as required.
- Organizes, maintains and makes available key policy documents, job descriptions and other critical internal documents. Maintains and keeps a current database of employee personnel contact information.
- As directed, assists with the dissemination of cooperative information to employees, including the posting of required employee information on bulletin boards.
- Maintains logs for required employee certifications, including first-aid training and other certification training.
- Assists all departments as needed related to administration activities and data entry.
- Assists with organizing and coordinating cooperative sponsored social activities, as well as Board of Director meeting meals and activities.
- Performs timely check reconciliation processes for Cooperative bank accounts.
- Attends and participates in training programs for improvement of job knowledge, skill and safety.
- Follows policies and procedures; upholds organizational values; works with ethics and integrity.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Manages difficult or emotional member situations; responds promptly to member needs; solicits member feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Focuses on solving conflicts, not blaming; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to new and to others’ ideas.
- Speaks and writes clearly and informatively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continually build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Treats people with respect in actions and speech; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time effectively; sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Adapts to changes in work environment; manages competing demands.
- Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Maintains and promotes a positive, professional attitude.
- Views the Cooperative as a unit of interdependent functions and assists when needed.
- Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent; Previous customer service representative or public contact position preferred. Some general office and department administration experience desirable.
Certifications/Licenses: A valid ND Class D driver’s license is required.
Knowledge: Basic understanding of how PC based Window’s software operates.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of members or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk or sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee will routinely lift and/or move a minimum of 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, public assistance status, status with respect to marriage, or off-duty participation in lawful activity in compliance with applicable law, or any other form of discrimination prohibited by applicable laws. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire in compliance with federal law.